Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Robin (and her Miso Dressing)


It was my dear, wonderful friend Robin's birthday yesterday. Yes, the same Robin who gave us the insanely addictive and deeeeeelicious School Garden Salad Dressing.

Robin was one of the first people to give me the personal confidence I needed to start cooking weekly. It was she who taught me about weekly menu plans, cooking from scratch, the very basic culinary principles and cookware I'd need, and the endless dinner possibilities available with a few good ingredients and just 30 minutes.

So Robin, Happy Birthday, and thank you for the gift of love of cooking and food that you shared with and passed on to me.

And as a birthday gift in honor of Robin for all of you readers (all 15 of you or however many you are!), I'm also sharing Robin's recipe for Miso Dressing. She mentioned it at our recent book club meeting and we were all excited about it. And if there's one thing I know by now, it's that if Robin says it's good, it is.

Robin's Miso Dressing

1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp white or yellow miso
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Put everything except the oil in a blender & give it a whiz. Stream
in the oil while the blender is running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin