Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dinner Tonight and other musings

Tonight we're having Sesame-Soy Chicken and Kale. Hubby's getting some quinoa on the side.

I am not, because....looooong story, but the short version is that I have been put on an Absolutely No Refined Sugar or Carbs diet for one month. (Including no lactose -- only yogurt and hard cheeses for me for this month!) After which I'll be able to add in some sugars (like other forms of dairy) and some carbs (like my beloved quinoa). But I won't really ever be able to eat refined sugars or white flours like I wish I could.

Why? Because of a medical condition, which is very similar to being pre-diabetic. And sugars, in all their forms (including lactose), are hormone disruptors. So: no sugars. Though happily, I can have honey and agave, since they do not cause blood sugar to spike like other sugars do. Thank goodness.

When they say "sugar addiction," they're not kidding. That addiction is real! Of course all that I currently crave is bread and cookies. And cake. Ah well.

Dena's Sesame-Soy Chicken Breasts

Chicken Breasts
1/4 cup Soy Sauce or Tamari
1/8 cup Sesame Oil
1/4 to 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds, toasted (toast on pan in oven or toaster oven til they are fragrant but not too long or they will burn!)

Pre-heat oven to 400F. Mix soy sauce and sesame oil in baking pan; marinate chicken in soy sauce mixture for 5-20 minutes (whatever you have time for), turning every so often. Sprinkle chicken breasts liberally with toasted sesame seeds.

Roast for 30-35 minutes, remove, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin