Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Favorite Thanksgiving Food Network Special


Hands-down, it is Paula Deen's Southern Thanksgiving episode from 2005.

And apparently the people over at the Food Network know how special this Special is, because they re-play it every year.

I've already set our DVR to record it -- run out and set yours now, too! (Only two more showings left, my friends! Nov 20, 2008 @ 3:00 AM ET and Nov 23, 2008 @ 4:00 PM ET!)

You do NOT want to miss Paula and the boys cooking up the most insanely un-healthy-looking meal of all time. How does this family not have diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart attacks every day?!?

And you really, really do not want to miss hearing Paula say "sweet potato balls!" over and over. That line is a classic in our house, no matter the season.

Plus you get to see her make a turducken, which...holy moly has there ever been a weirder and yet awesomer idea for a dish? I thought it was an urban myth until not too long ago. And then I saw Paula make hers and WOW. Just wow. It is real. Very real. If any of you out there have ever made one, I want to know: does it really turn out like hers does? Can you really just carve into it and get a helping of tur, duc, and ken all in one?

My brother has been obsessed with turducken for quite some time. Maybe this is your year to GO FOR IT, bro. Seriously. If you make one, I want pictures!

I also love how she sneaks bites from all her dishes, including her pies, and covers it up with icing or a strategically placed garnish. That is so me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin