Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thinking of Brisket


Okay so I've never had brisket, much less cooked it. But it looks so appealing -- delicious beef, braised with delicious ingredients, all hearty and rich-seeming.

So I am thinking of giving it a try this winter.

I have two recipes to guide me -- one from MyJewishLearning.com and one from my recent copy of my beloved Martha Stewart Everyday Food.

I will likely go with the Martha recipe -- for many reasons, not the least of which is that it includes cranberries, one of my very favorite fruits of all time -- with some tweaks that I get from the MJL recipe.

Have any of you ever made brisket? Do you have any tips? I won't be using a slow cooker (I don't have one); I'll be using my beloved Le Creuset dutch oven. (Who needs a slow cooker when you have a dutch oven?)

2 comments:

  1. brisket is everything and your dutch oven will be perfect. but cranberries?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know, I know. But I am telling you, this recipe with cranberries looks delicious. Think of it as a substitution for Manischewitz.... or something. :-)

    I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin