Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Belated

Hellooooo out there!

My mini-blog-vacaciones is over. So I'm going to post a (belated) menu plan and a little news....

Menu Plan for This Week
(Yes, I realize it's Thursday....)

Monday: Hubby's Favorite Dinner
Tuesday: Roasted Chicken Breasts and Fingerling Potatoes, Sauteed Garlic Chard
Wednesday: Homemade Mac & Cheese with Broccoli, Salad (It was National Cheese Lover's Day, after all!)
Thursday: Cashew Chicken
Friday: Shabbat Dinner at our friend James & Eric's House


And the little piece of news that I have to share is that this Friday, I will be doing the first part of the ceremony necessary (beit din) to complete my conversion to Judaism. Woohoo! The second and final part (mikveh) will be completed on February 4th, the day before my birthday. It's been a long and wonderful road, and I am so happy to be taking this step.

So to celebrate, we'll be bringing a loaf of challah and lighting the candles and saying the blessings at our friends James & Eric's house this Friday.

L'chaim!

3 comments:

  1. Dena,
    You've inspired me to do more menu planning in the new year. I've already found some great new recipes and Chris is reaping the benefits. I'm also having fun experimenting with making baby food. It's not rocket science...just steaming fruits and veggies for the most part. I got an immersion blender for xmas which I LOVE! Thanks for the inspiration-
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, that is so great! I've found it really is the best route to keeping my sanity and not spending $$$ on food b/c you're at the store every day!

    I think making baby food sounds totally fun. And that stuff is crazy expensive -- good for you! If you have any fave baby food recipes to share, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin