Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where Is My Milk From?

In the midst of the truly disgusting and scary egg contamination recall, other vulnerable foods spring to mind.

Namely, dairy! Check out this neat little tool* to help you learn as much as you can about what is often all-too-mysterious: the actual origins and processors of our milk.

Especially as someone who frequently shops at Trader Joe's (though I only ever buy organic dairy, no matter what store I'm shopping at, because of...well, all of this), where, as part of their low-price dealio, they take products from name-brand outfits and put them under their own TJ's labels, this is a huge help to me. Using this handy little tool, I discovered that a lot of their dairy is local to me and from reputably organic producers, like our beloved Nancy's Creamery -- which is a huge relief and wonderful thing to know!


* Confused as to where to enter in your code? It's right on the milk carton -- I totally missed it the first time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to go find out where my milk is from! Sad to see that most of the big "organic" brands sold in the grocery store are 0-1 cow ratings. :(

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin