Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Andrea's White Wine Chicken and Pasta

So far, I am loving this blog because I am getting some great dinner ideas from folks! A friend of ours, Andrea, who is of Italian descent and grew up in San Antonio (so she's got GREAT food in her background!), submitted this recipe, which I am dying to try. It's one of her go-to meals -- you know, the meals you make when you need dinner to happen quickly but also deliciously.


Andrea's White Wine Chicken and Pasta

Andrea's notes: I threw all of these ingredients in a pan one night in hopes of making a different recipe. After getting half-way down the ingredient list, I realized I was missing an ingredient (even though I was so sure I had everything I needed to begin with). The modified result wasn't too shabby. It's simple, quick, and can be as flavorful as desired, so it's something everyone can enjoy.

Ingredients: chicken breasts, pasta, white wine, garlic, oregano, parsley, ground pepper

Step 1:
On medium heat, warm 1 or 2 cups (depending on how many servings you desire) of your favorite white wine (something smooth, not incredibly fruity so that you avoid blending contrasting herbs with fruit. One of my favorites is a 2003 Andretti Estate Chardonnay. It has a low alcohol taste. Andretti is very crisp and light. I'm sure you could also do this with a dry wine or a red wine of choice).

2. Add crushed garlic and season to taste with oregano, parsley, and fresh ground pepper.

3. Add in chicken breasts and turn as needed. Keep on medium heat so as not to boil/thicken the wine.

4. Bring a pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook until al dente .

5. Once the chicken is done (for me, this is about 12 -15 minutes), pour wine sauce and chicken over pasta.

Goal: as the chicken cooks, it will absorb the wine creating a moist, flavorful chicken.

Considerations:
Serve with bread and side salad. Use whole-wheat pasta, or organic ingredients including a semi-organic wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin