Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Recipe Round-up


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the idea of a holiday in which we actually carve out and take time to be thankful. And in which we take the time to get together with family, whether it's our family of origin or the family we've created from scratch, and just cook and eat and be together. As my friend Liz says, "I love a holiday that is all about food."

So many of my favorite food blogs and websites are offering up their favorite recipes and tips so I figured rather than re-invent the wheel, I'd do a little round-up of all my favorites in case anyone is looking for a new, or a traditional, Thanksgiving recipe.

I will be posting pics of my Thanksgiving feast (I'm hosting and cooking for the first time!) as well as one of my favorite recipes, which can be made year-round, after the big day.

  1. Serious Eats' Serious Thanksgiving - this is like the mother of all recipe roundups. They've got some DELICIOUS sounding recipes from one of my food heroes, Ruth Reichl, and Gourmet, and many, many others.
  2. CityMama's Thanksgiving Recipes - one of my favorite food bloggers is posting some unique recipes that she always has on her table.
  3. Cook's Illustrated's Thanksgiving Guide - the best of the best. Whenever I want to know how something is supposed to be done, or when I need a recipe that will tell me exactly how I am supposed to do something, I go to them. If they recommend it, it's got to be good.
  4. Martha Stewart's Everyday Food Thanksgiving Recipes - I subscribe to this magazine, which is the quick & easy version of Martha's recipes. They've got some good ones that will definitely be on our Thanksgiving table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin