Winter slips away for days at a time here in Northern California, leaving you remembering vividly the languor of Indian summer and the coming of spring.
And then winter comes back. For me, I love it. I love feeling the seasonality of the season, if you know what I mean.
So this week, in honor of the cold coming back, I'm cooking up some hearty food. What's best is that it's easy hearty food. And there are going to be some great leftovers for lunches, too.
- Sunday: Robin's School Garden Salad with her Amazing Dressing and homemade Judy's Breadstick croutons (Winter won't be back til Monday)
- Monday: Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Day AND Erev Tu B'Shvat! Tu B'Shvat Seder (Roast Chicken Breasts, Roasted Root Vegetables, and my fave fancy dish French Green Beans w/ Crispy Shallots)
- Tuesday: Chili (Hubby told me that this meal needed to be on the menu every week til spring hits! I agree with him!)
- Wednesday: Homemade Indian Takeout (This one's a big hit in our household)
- Thursday: Moroccan Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew with Quinoa
- Friday: Take-out from Season to Taste (last week we did this and OMG they had the most amazing Shepherd's Pie....I'm drooling just thinking about it.)
Whatchoo cookin' this week? My fellow food-blogger CityMama got a new fryer and is gonna be making Korean hot pot with it....sounds DELISH!