Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

2 Things


Well, there are actually a lot of things going on. But I'll keep this blog focused on these two things I read recently:

  1. "Organic farming offers Africa the best chance of breaking the cycle of poverty and malnutrition it has been locked in for decades, according to a major study from the United Nations" presented on Wednesday. YES! Now, if we can only make this happen. We need a Gates Foundation that is dedicated to re-shaping Africa through organic farming. Maybe this would even fit into the Gates Foundation's mission? This is about health!
  2. Finally, one of the presidential candidates talks about farmers and how important the future of food is to the future of this country! This is what Barack Obama said in Indiana yesterday:
"I want you to know that if I'm elected President, I will fight for you - because America's farmers are America's future. And it's time we had a President who understood that."


I think Rebbe Pollan would agree with both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin