This is a little belated, I realize, but -- we just got back from camping in the Willamette National Forest right alongside the McKenzie River! It was fantastic and gorgeous and I promise to post photos and recipes of our camp food soon.
For now, here's what we're eating around Casa Dena this week:
- Monday: Black Beans & Rice (made such yummy lunch leftovers today!)
- Tuesday: Pan-seared filets mignon in some kind of pan sauce that I have yet to decide upon with roasted young potatoes and sauteed garlic spears. (The filet mignon was on a serious special at the market -- it was too good to pass up! Garlic spears are immature garlic scapes, or stems, and are apparently delicious. We'll see!)
- Wednesday: Tamale Pie (I have yet to figure out exactly what this will be, too -- I'm kinda making it up as I go along. All I know for now is it will have a polenta base, black beans as the filling/protein, lots of gooey cheese, some enchilada sauce.... basically some messy yummy casserole type thingy.)
- Thursday: The undeniable and delicious Sesame-Soy Soba Noodles. Hubby has requested them every week for the foreseeable future, and I am in complete agreement.
- Friday: Not sure yet....perhaps some grilled chicken, greens from our garden plot (which I definitely need to post photos of!), and grilled toast with garlic rub for little summer sandwiches?
- Saturday: Date night!