Whoa, did this week get away from me or what? And how on earth is it that it's nearly the freaking 4th of July?!?!?!
Anyway.... here's what we've been and will be cooking up around here this week!
(Anything in pink with an asterisk* is from the Farmer's Market.)
- Sunday: Sesame-Soy Soba Noodles (I told you we're a little obsessed with them!)
- Monday: Grilled chicken, summer salad*, roasted baby butterball potatoes* (Hubby started his new job yesterday, so I grilled up some extra chicken for lunches throughout the week -- salad with some sliced chicken on top makes a great summertime workday lunch.)
- Tuesday: Take-out from the Sundance Salad & Hot Food Bar because we had an evening meeting to go to
- Wednesday: Quinoa Pilaf with broccoli* and summer squash*
- Thursday: Garlic Spear* Pasta with crispy shallots, prosciutto, and pine nuts
- Friday: Tamale Pie with leftover shredded chicken
- Saturday: Happy 4th of July! We've been charged with bringing pasta salad to some dear friends' cook-out, so I'm going to go with tried and true and bring the soba noodles. Yum!
Summer is so gorgeous and full-fledged here; it's neat to be able to celebrate the 4th of July like one imagines in one's head -- something you could never count on in the summer-foggy Bay Area. Yay Oregon!
I am soon to post some recipes from last week's yumminess, including camping food...stay tuned!