Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I <3 Goats

In the peripherally about food category, I give you this awesomeness (check out the before and after photos!):

Goat Renting to get rid of invasive blackberry.

Um...it's so cool I can't stand it. Not only am I obsessed with goats on a general level (I have already picked out the breed I want to own someday, and believe me am I bummed we can't have one here at our new house), we have now have proof of their total gloriousness as envinronmentally-friendly weedkillers. Not only do they provide companionship, laughter (because have you ever hung with a goat? They're really funny little creatures), milk, and the best cheese ever, they also rock when it comes to getting rid of really-hard-to-get-rid-of weeds in a totally safe, no-environmental-impact way. GOATS ROCK.

A pic of an Oberhasli goat. They look like little deer. And they're very sweet-tempered.

Whenever I do get my goats (you gotta have at least two, otherwise they get lonely; also, did you know they come when called?), I'll happily rent them out to whomever would like to get rid of the very-invasive-in-Oregon Himalayan blackberry or whatever else. And then I'll make delicious, finger-licking cheese out of their milk.

Which reminds me, I have got to post photos from my cheese-making class! It rocked my world.

Off to dream of cheese and calling little goat kids by name....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin