Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

My Parents' Turkey


My parents live in Petaluma in Sonoma County in Northern California, which is pretty much one of the most gorgeous corners of the earth.

This year, my mom noticed, on her way to work, turkeys, chickens, and cows in the fields right by their house. She did a little investigating and found out it was a new farm called Tara Firma that has sprung up and is raising delicious, sustainably raised poultry, beef, and pork, very nearly in my parents' backyard. I am so jeals.

So this year, their turkey came from right next door. My mom said she would wave hi to the turkeys whenever she drove by, wondering which gobbler might end up on their plate.

So awesome, and hooray for Tara Firma Farms! Now I want my parents to do a meat CSA with them. And see if they can get fresh eggs from them. And go on a tour. Basically I want them to move to Tara Firma. There's room in those rolling hills, right?

2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin