Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Still the Best

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am away celebrating with hubby and dear friends, but I couldn't leave you without a little something for Turkey Day -- not to mention I WILL NOT BE VANQUISHED, NABLOPOMO.

I also wanted to take a moment to give thanks for you, dear patient reader of this blog, who sticks with me and reads about my food rants and raves, my made-from-scratch recipes, and what we're eating weekly. Knowing you're out there means a lot to me. It's nice to have an audience, ya know? And it's nice to feel like the ongoing conversation about food and eating that happens on this blog isn't just with myself.

Without further ado, here is my Thanksgiving treat to you:

At this point around these parts, Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving in Casa Dena without Paula Deen's Thanksgiving special. Year in and year out, it never fails to please. And crack us up.

Check out the whole episode online while you're waiting for your cranberry sauce to chill: I promise you will not be disappointed. From "the boys" deep-frying a turkey to the pre-dinner appetizers to the turducken to the sweet potato balls to the pie out of which she simply cannot resist sneaking a bite, it is just Thanksgiving TV at its best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin